For today’s post, we decided to compare editorial focuses for media spotted as humorous/satirical vs August last year.
- Politics replaces Sports
- Lifestyle is lower, Education is higher
- Society is now #1, Politics #2
- Lifestyle is lower.
- Still high on Sciences (vs US)
- Life and Biological Sciences now in Top 6. Economy and Enterprise is out.
Aug 24th 2020 Post:
Editorial focuses of sites spotted as Humorous/Satirical:
Above are the Editorial Radars for the sites spotted as humorous or satirical in the US and in France.
Below are the weighted editorial focus (above 1% and as of August 17th)
- All about People in the USA.
- Wider in France with People, General and Sciences.
- More masculine than feminine in the US
- Masculine, Feminine, Home higher in the US
- Child and Teen and Youth in France
Culture and Arts:
- 2x more in the US
Entertainment and Leisure:
- High and only in the US
- Political Engagement, way higher in France.
- Religion present and equivalent in both countries.
Politics, Economy and Enterprise:
- In line with Society > Political Engagement, Politics is High and only in France.
- Union high in Economy and Enterprise in France.
- Both only in the US.
- Only in France.
Why it matters:
Understanding how humor and satire is played out matters for your communication campaigns to get the perfect messages at the perfect place.
Want to know more? Let us know!